As the most effective form of navigation, search has become the most common way people find information across the Internet. With so many websites available, and so many people browsing them, the majority of users will not be familiar enough with your website to go directly to the page they need.
And thanks to the ubiquitous nature of search engines offering instant gratification, they probably won’t be patient enough to sift through a ton of links either. Adding Website Search to your website gives these users the direct access they have come to expect.
Periodically it is a good practice to take a critical look at your website and question the need and effectiveness of each element. This is a good way to make sure that you are getting the most out of your online presence.
One element that seems to be frequently overlooked is the search box. The most common form of navigation on the Internet is through search, and yet the majority of on-site search engines fail to deliver results. This leaves your valuable users stranded, and often with no other option than to look at your competitors’ websites for the content they wish to consume.
That’s why we’re here
Not so long ago, our team was busy creating enterprise solutions when we noticed a trend: On the majority of websites, the “pre-packaged” search engines are plagued with bad quality. There are many businesses that are losing money because users get frustrated and look elsewhere. They find out that the “free” search engine they are using is not really free, but costs real money in lost revenues from new sales and return customers.
So our team of search technology specialists decided to create a quality solution and make it accessible to everyone – even those with limited resources beyond a desire to improve their website. Continue reading
There are many elements involved with good on-site SEO. Most of which are based on having good quality content that is easily accessible by your visitors. Everyone knows the value of onsite search engines for providing insights into what is important to your users. However, very few people think about how a good internal search engine also benefits SEO and actually helps increase the draw of organic traffic.
SEO strategists often emphasize the importance of the link structure within your website so that search engines can easily index your content. Lots of modern websites maintain thousands or even millions of pages, which get buried beyond the sights of major search engines. As a result, the SEO value of this content diminishes. Continue reading
You know the value of the content you have on your website. So the value of making that content as available as possible to as many people as possible is obvious. By enhancing your website with a search engine with faceted navigation you can help users save time with internal searches, and provide them with a much more intuitive and friendly experience.
Here’s how it works: Continue reading
There are a lot of important reasons that you should have a good search engine on your website. Here are 10 of the most important.
- Improve User Experience; Let’s face it, the vast majority of internet users rely on search to find the info they are looking for. The search engine on your website should provide them the opportunity to go strait to what they need without having to sift through your link navigation.
- Improve SEO; Many websites have thousands of pages of content on them and most of them are buried deep in the website beyond the sights of most crawlers. With Website Search, your content will be “brought to the front” of your website making all your keyword relevant content less than 2 clicks into your website. The results pages contain relevant keywords that are easily found by major search engine crawlers.
- Increase conversions; by giving users the ability to find the info they need in a fast and efficient way, they will be more likely to convert into paying customers.
- Increase client satisfaction; likewise, if your clients are satisfied with their access to info on your site, they will likely continue to do business with you.
- Easy way to enhance website; adding a search engine like Website Search is simple, and significantly enhances the usability of your website.
- Take control of how content is found/ranked; Website Search allows site operators to control what content is indexed and how it gets ranked. In other words, they can customize the search algorithm to suit their specific needs.
- It’s not expensive; Website Search is a software as a service (SaaS) solution, which makes it very inexpensive as it removes the need to purchase specialized hardware and hire experts to manage complicated software installations.
- It doesn’t add complexity to your web systems; Also, because it is a SaaS solution, there is no additional complexity to the configuration of your web systems.
- It doesn’t require any in-house maintenance; Website Search is fully supported by its creators. Routine maintenance and updates are performed by the experts that built the search engine making it unnecessary for IT staff to divert their attention from more critical tasks.
- Get valuable insight; This goes without saying. Knowing what your visitors are looking for when they are on your site provides actionable intelligence needed to make sound decisions about which products or services to emphasize on different pages of your site.
Adding a search box to your website is very important, and if you’ve ever tried, you know it is no trivial task. So it is important to understand the options available, and which ones might be the best suited to maximize the content on your website. You have three options when it comes to choosing a search engine for your site. Here´s a look at some of the pros and cons of each to help you decide which one is right for you: Continue reading
The primary objective of any web master is to capture the interest of users by making it as easy as possible for them to find what they are looking for. That´s why having a quality search engine on your website is so important.
The vast majority of users go to a site for a specific purpose. According to a May 2011 Pew Internet Survey, a full 92% of Internet users find their information through search#. Adding a search engine to your website that tracks their searches will tell you exactly what they´re looking for. Once you have that information, here´s how you can use it to benefit your site: Continue reading
An effective, integrated website design gives users an immediate sense of being comfortable and in control of their activities on a site. The Internet is chaotic enough; your site doesn’t have to be.
The problem: Many on-site search engines show results on a page that has a completely different design and navigation than the rest of the site. This creates confusion for visitors and often causes them to leave your site.
The solution: Website Search integrates seamlessly into your site’s design. Even the results page is 100% adaptable to include common navigation features, color schemes, fonts, etc. With Website Search, your users will never feel “left out in the cold” again. They will know they are still on your page, and be familiar with how to get around.
As with anything, functionality and aesthetics go hand in hand – if it looks simple to use and is simple to use, half the battle is already won. Continue reading
Unless you are an industry insider or someone who follows the software industry on a regular basis, your exposure the the term SaaS may be limited to a few mentions in some articles written in the technology section of your favorite news source. Seriously though, why is SaaS such a buzz word and what does it mean to you?
SaaS (Software as a Service) refers to software that is hosted remotely on servers that are connected through the internet. This saves companies and people money and time for two very basic reasons. First, they don’t have to invest in expensive hardware that requires special installations and highly qualified technicians to install and configure. Second, they need to hire specialized programmers (also expensive) to perform complex software installations and continual maintenance. Continue reading
The internet is made up of billions of websites that are all unique in some way. With the plethora of platforms and purposes, websites come in all shapes and sizes and colors. They are all accessed by people who are looking for useful information, products/services, entertainment, even a new girlfriend. We have created Website Search in response to what we perceive as a world (wide web) that is struggling to deliver users with the content they are really looking for. Sure, this has advanced tremendously over the last decade by major search engines like Google.
What website owners should be fiercely focused on is delivering the content users request, and fast. Most custom search engine solutions being used today are limited in their usefulness and often leave users frustrated, and sends them fleeing to a competitors’ site with a bad taste in their mouths. Furthermore, many sites today have accumulated thousands and thousands of pages of valuable content that could never be accessible through link navigation. Continue reading